Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Yeehaw for lasagna!

Sunday was one of those days for us when I just wasn't sure what I felt like making for supper. Somehow the weekly menu I keep on hand had disappeared and I was coming up with nothing for ideas. That's when "divine intervention" kicked in. Hubby said "Something tells me we should eat a Mexican Lasagna." Well, I ran with the idea immediately-I knew someplace in my recipes I had a Tex-Mex lasagna-I found the recipe and a few hours later we were dining Texa-talian. How the inspiration for dinner was from the divine, I'm not sure, but it TASTED divine (snicker.)

Tex-Mex Lasagna

1 C. Salsa
1 1/2 tsp. cumin
1 can tomato sauce
1 can diced tomatoes
9 cooked lasagna noodles
1 C. frozen corn (thawed)
1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
2 C. shredded cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
1/4 C. chopped green onions

1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Combine first 4 ingredients; spread 2/3 C. sauce in bottom of an 8-inch square pan coated with cooking spray. Arrange 3 noodles over sauce; top with 1/2 C. corn and half of beans. Sprinkle with 1/2 C. cheese; top with 2/3 C. sauce. Repeat layers once; top with remaining 3 noodles. Spread remaining sauce over noodles. Sprinkle with remaining 1 C. of cheese. Cover and bake at 450 degrees for 30 minutes or until sauce is bubbly.
3. Let stand for 15 minutes.
4. Sprinkle with onions before serving.


Yes, it really hit the spot... Even my daughter liked it, despite the fact that it was slightly spicy (since I used Medium salsa). This leads me to believe that perhaps my little girl is growing up a bit (taste-wise that is). Well, that's all for now folks. Ciao. Y'all come back now, y'hear?

No comments:

Post a Comment