Thursday, June 4, 2009

Another two-fer deal on recipes!

I have two great recipes for you-both have been approved by my family:

Fruit Salad

1 C. cut-up bananas
1 C. Cut up strawberries
1 C. cut up apples
1 C. grapes

Fluffy dressing

1/4 C. yogurt (vanilla or fruity is fine)
1/4 thawed whipped cream
1 tbs. orange juice

Combine yogurt & whipped cream. Add orange juice to make desired consistency. Place fruit in a large salad bowl, toss with dressing.


Cheesy Meat and Potato Casserole

3-4 medium potatoes, sliced thin
2 Tbs. butter, melted
1/2 tsp. salt
1 lb. ground beef or turkey
1 pkg. frozen corn, thawed
2 Tbs. chopped onion
1 can cream of celery soup
1/3 C. milk
1/4 tsp. Garlic powder
1/8 tsp. pepper
1 C. shredded cheddar

Toss potatoes with butter and salt; arrange on bottom and up sides of a greased casserole dish. Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 30-45 minutes (depending on how crispy you want your taters).
Meanwhile, in a skillet brown meat and drain. Sprinkle meat and corn over potatoes. Combine soup, milk, garlic powder, pepper onion & 1/2 C. cheese; pour over beef mixture. Bake @ 400 degrees, uncovered for 20 minutes. Remove from oven; top with remaining cheese. Return to oven for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.

We all loved this recipe-I cooked my potatoes for the 45 minutes and I thought they were a little too crisp, but my hubby thought they were perfect-so if you like crispy-stick to 45.

GARDEN UPDATE

I have peas!! Okay, maybe not quite peas yet, but I have pea plants! They're kind of short right now, but that's okay, they're still there and haven't been viciously attacked by neighborhood crows, or bunnies, so I'm happy. I also am about to have my first marigold bloom, so that makes me happy, too-those marigold help with keeping pests away (I wonder if I can use it on my hubby?) I've been helping water a vacationing friend's garden this week, and I have to admit that seeing her nicely filled in garden is making me feel a little "green"...........thumb that is (haha!)

No comments:

Post a Comment